[3.2][RC ImageMagick Thumbnailer

This extension replaces the gd thumbnail generation which is the only builtin method from 3.24 because external called ImageMagick support was dropped for security reasons. It calls the php libraries for ImageMagick support
canonknipser
Site Admin

[3.2][RC ImageMagick Thumbnailer

Post by canonknipser » 23 Nov 2018, 21:15

Extension Name: ImageMagick Thumbnailer
Author: canonknipser

Extension Description: For security reasons, from phpBB 3.2.4 the execution of external programs was disabled. Because of that thumbnails for images can only be generated by using php internal functions. By default, this is handled by the gd-library. But for high-quality images, using the ImageMagick function provides better results. This extension uses the php-library for ImageMagick

For more informations, see the extensions Wiki at github
Extension Version: 1.0.1

Requirements:
  1. phpBB >= 3.2.4
  2. php libray IMageMagick installed
All requirements will be checked during enabling of the extension
Features:
  • Set the image compression quality via acp
  • rotate thumbnails according to their exif information
Extension Download: canonknipser_imthumbnailer_1_0_1.zip

GitHub-Repository: https://github.com/canonknipser/imthumbnailer

The extension has been validated on phpBB.com
All my phpBB-work is profit-free. If you like my extensions and want to help me keeping my webpages online, feel free to donate Image

canonknipser
Site Admin

Re: [3.2][RC ImageMagick Thumbnailer

Post by canonknipser » 24 Nov 2018, 13:15

Happy to announce that the extension has been submitted to the phpBB extensions DB today
All my phpBB-work is profit-free. If you like my extensions and want to help me keeping my webpages online, feel free to donate Image

canonknipser
Site Admin

Post by canonknipser » 23 Dec 2018, 22:59

Today I just prepared a new version which fixed some minor validation errors. The new version also has a improved error handling (errors are written to the admin log in the acp) and rotates thumbnails automatically depending on their exif information.

canonknipser
Site Admin

Post by canonknipser » 14 Jan 2019, 12:20

Glad to announce that the 1.0.1-Version is now available from the Extension Database on phpBB.com. See the first post for a download link.